Top Ten {Imperfections}

Sunday, October 6, 2013



“To banish imperfection is to destroy expression, to check exertion, to paralyze vitality.”
― John Ruskin, The Stones of Venice 

  
Thank you for sharing your beautiful interpretations of imperfections.
Having gratitude means being able to look at imperfections in new ways.  
Imperfections create beauty, understanding, happy accidents.
Imperfections show a life lived, an experience gained.
Imperfections show a wound healed, but not forgotten.
Every flower in a garden is not perfect, but it is beautiful,
and the variety helps us to notice each one in turn.


Top Ten: {Imperfections}



I was taking a picture of my daughter's eyelashes when the wind blew. My lens quickly grabbed focus on her wispy hair.
 It's one of my favorite accidents to date!



Imperfect (Not all the paint went where it was supposed to).



She is my one and only baby. I wish I could have another, but if I could only have one, I am so thankful I got her! 
My sweetest of joys!!



When you're three years old you can just add a cool band-aid and you're back to being perfect again. film, ektar 100.



This is a hard one for me. I'm very insecure about my imperfection. I have a birth defect called Intestinal Malrotation. It makes it difficult to eat, keep it down, absorb nutrients and so on. I used to be mad about it because it's greatly lowered my quality of life but now I'm grateful. It has made me so much stronger than I ever knew I could be and my scar is my reminder. I am determined to have this condition that affects more than 1 in 500 added to the newborn screening list so that no more precious babies leave this earth before their time.









ratty hair...always



She turned her head at the last moment right before I took this shot...
but I love how I only captured a few wisps of toddler hair in focus.

unsteady in her big sister's oversized rainboots=muddy jammies right before bedtime. But we wouldn't miss the amazing sunset for anything.


We'd be grateful if you would join us for this week's theme:
{Guilty Pleasures}

0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Gratitude Collaborative All rights reserved © Blog Milk - The Gratitude Collaborative