The Gratitude Collection, November 11th, 2014

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.
-Melody Beattie

"Grateful for sweet Morris"

Indira Klotzer | Indira Klotzer Photography



"I am grateful for the hands that hold our future"

Janielle Vergne- Granstaff | Lens & Beauty



"I am grateful for our freedom and for those that serve to protect it."

Meagan Dwyer | Meagan Dwyer Photography



"So grateful for those moments that I get to witness your beautiful soul."

Melina McGrew McConnaughy | Melina Nastazia Photography


"I'm grateful they have each other."
Robin Pederson Chavez | Robin Chavez Photography

"I am thankful we can rest our heads in our own beds in our own home. At peace."

Amber Carbo Privizzini | Privizzini's Passion Photography

Guest contributor
My father landed on Juno Beach in France on D-Day, June 6, 1944. He was basically a 23 year-old farm boy who enlisted not only for what he believed in but also for the adventure of it all. I think he sometimes felt that perhaps the adventure was sometimes a bit too adventurous! In Canada, every November 11th at the eleventh hour (Remembrance Day), we bow our heads in silence. It is in this silence that we remember and give thanks to all of the young men and women who were willing to perhaps give up their lives in the service of their country. Some of those folks came home and some did not. This photograph was taken last year at a Remembrance Day ceremony in my home town. At the end of the ceremony, it's tradition that the veterans march by everyone. Of course, it's a standing ovation every year. Each time I see this, i can't help but tear up. These old men and women who were once young boys and girls. I remember my father, who is no longer with us. I remember my neighbors who once took part in this march. I remember all of the soldiers both past and present who were willing to lay down their lives for what they believed in. I am so thankful to them all - more than I can express really. The word "thankful" doesn't really even come close, but it's the best word that I have... thank you... thank you... thank you...


0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Gratitude Collaborative All rights reserved © Blog Milk - The Gratitude Collaborative