The Gratitude Collection {July 8th, 2014}

Tuesday, July 8, 2014



"The place where you made your stand never mattered. Only that you were there,...and still on your feet." -Steven King




I am so grateful for cousins, summer fun and swimming pools!

April Burns | April Burns Photography




I am so grateful that I get to capture these special moments. This was the first time our son did patty cakes by himself with daddy right there teaching him! 

Amber Carbo Privizzini | Privizzini's Passion Photography




Bjorna Hoen Almaden |Bjorna Hoen Photography




Grateful for the smell of summer, taste of salts, windy days, the feel of sand on my feet and the warmth of the golden sun. I am grateful for these memories I have with them!

Indira Klotzer | Indira Klotzer Photography




I am thankful for imagination, innocence and contestant reminders of what is most important in life.

Robin Pederson Chavez | Robin Chavez Photography




Her Hands
© Maggie Pittman
Her hands held me gently from the day I took my first breath.
Her hands helped to guide me as I took my first step.

Her hands held me close when the tears would start to fall.
Her hands were quick to show me that she would take care of it all.

Her hands were there to brush my hair, or straighten a wayward bow.
Her hands were often there to comfort the hurts that didn't always show.
Her hands helped hold the stars in place, and encouraged me to reach.
Her hands would clap and cheer and praise when I captured them at length.

Her hands would also push me, though not down or in harms way.
Her hands would punctuate the words, just do what I say.
Her hands sometimes had to discipline, to help bend this young tree.
Her hands would shape and mold me into all she knew I could be.

Her hands are now twisting with age and years of work,
Her hand now needs my gentle touch to rub away the hurt.
Her hands are more beautiful than anything can be.
Her hands are the reason I am me.

Ken Gehring | KgPhotography


0 comments:

Post a Comment

The Gratitude Collaborative All rights reserved © Blog Milk - The Gratitude Collaborative